Walmart Grocery Delivery VS Walmart Grocery Pick-Up
Let me start with, I am not in any way being compensated for my reviews. No cash, not even a roll of toilet paper. This is just something I’m LOVING!
So, I’ve been a HUGE fan of pick up and now I’m doing the ultimate lazy and having my groceries delivered.
For those who haven’t jumped on this bandwagon yet let me explain the pros and cons I’ve discovered for me and my household.
Also regardless which option works best for you and yours, when you are using their online grocery shopping portal, it keeps a nifty list to the right of the screen with your running total. For those on a budget, that is really helpful!
Let’s start with delivery
1) Less impulse purchases. Like-LOTS!
2) Huge time-saver. You figured for most of us a 15 min to, 15 min from and about an hour to shop for it all. So that’s 2 hours you’ve saved! (If having it delivered)
I’ll be honest. I hate grocery shopping. I don’t mind creating the menu’s, cooking it and so forth, but the shopping for? No. Just no. I’m tired, it’s the weekend and I don’t want to put my bra on. Okay? How’s that for honesty. My hair is a rats nest, my yoga pants are nice and comfy and no way in hell is the bra going on unless company shows up. Add in up until three trips ago, when I switched and began using delivery, I swear to you… the house would vacate so MOM got to haul it all in by herself. We are a family of 6 and I always count on an extra mouth here and there.
3) The delivery people are super nice. They really seem to be enjoying the delivery and BRING YOUR groceries INSIDE. No more die trying to unload the whole car in one trip!! Add that to your overall time saving as well.
4) I haven’t had any missing items but come on, life isn’t always perfect and I know there will be a mishap in the future.
1) There is a fee which seems to range from $7.95 to $9.95. Add in a tip and yes you are paying a little bit for the convenience. JIMHO- Worth it!!
TIP: Last I checked (and used) your 1st three deliveries are FREE if you use the code: delivery.
2) You aren’t checking your own meats, produce etc.
All my encounters over the past year or so I’ve been doing pick-up were fabulous, with the exception of ONE time which boiled down to getting that ONE employee who simply didn’t want to do her job. Walmart rectified my ire by offering a gift card but it DID take me contacting Walmart corporate via TWEETING my fury.
If I haven’t said this before… big companies PAY people to monitor online comments and Twitter is a big one. I’ve always had response from companies within about 5 minutes or so.
1) The pick-up people are truly a fun bunch who dress up on holidays, offer goodies like cookies, water etc on special events and go out or their way to make your experience the best. During hot summers they bring you out COLD water to drink while THEY load your groceries in the car.
2) FREE if your order is over $35.00
3) You still have to unload your groceries when you get home.
4) You still need to drive there.
Whichever you choose I’ve no doubt the service will alleviate some stress and time for you.
*New Recipe Coming Tomorrow!*