Free Summer Time Marketing Ideas!
As with many authors, trying to find inexpensive ways to market ourselves takes more time than actually writing the book. And yes, while we’ve all heard, just write and let the rest work itself out, so far, it’s not working for me.
Here are a few summertime ideas;
- A) When traveling, sign guest books (hotel/motel), chalkboards (you know where restaurants ( want guests to sign) as Thanks for a great meal/stay, Author XXX. Leave your business/rack card or book mark.
- B) Know in advance where your trip is heading? Google bookstores and set up a one hour book signing event. If need be, bring your own books with.
- C) Stopping for lunch or breakfast? Leave a few signed business/rack cards on tables/counters.
- D) Many campsites (in the office) have spots for guests to say where they’re from. Pop your card up and/or ask the manager if you can leave a few out on the counter! You’d be surprised at how tickled they’ll be an author visited their campsite/rv park, etc.
- E) Wear a Author XXX t-shirt around. You can order one (reasonably priced) through VistaPrint.
- F) I took my Bobbi Romans Tote bag. Its huge and I used it to pack beach stuff in.
Get creative and have a Fun, Safe Summer!