Welcome to the Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop!
Here’s how the hop works! Each author invites up to five other authors to answer five questions about their current summer release or WIP and a tasty recipe that ties into it! As more authors join the hop, I will post links to their blogs so you can add these awesome treats (and reads) to your to do list 🙂 I have invited the lovely Nikki Lynn Barrett and Linda Nightingale to join in the hop, and they should have their recipes up soon, so just click on their names to see what they’ve got cooking!
My new Fantasy romance, Under the Full Moon, Bk Two in the Swamp Magic Series just released on the 17th of June. Ebook format for now, but Book One, Swamp Magic, is now available in PRINT or is now on SALE in ebook form!
Now for the Random Tasty Questions:
1) When writing are you a snacker? Yes. If so sweet or salty? Salty like popcorn.
2) Are you an outliner or someone who writes by the seat of their pants? And are they real pants or jammies? Seat of my capri’s, as I’m mostly dressed. Sort of let the girls stay free and being in the south, stay barefooted too.
3) When cooking, do you follow a recipe or do you wing it? Both. Depends on the dish. Mostly wing it. Just made a cake today with WeeMan. Totally winged it and it was pretty good.
4) What is next for you after this book? Working on Bk 3 in the Swamp Magic series now, but also editing one of the first stories I ever wrote.
5) Last question…on a level of one being slightly naughty and ten being whoo hoo steamy, how would you rate your book? Woo Hoo steamy, but this one isn’t erotic.
And now for the really tasty part!
Bobbi Romans Decadent Potato Casserole (This is my most requested dish and can be played with)
(1) Bag of Frozen Potatoes O’Brien (Potatoes w/onions and peppers)
(1) Block of cream cheese.
(1) Carton of 1/2 & 1/2 or Heavy Whipping Cream
(1) Stick of Butter
(2) Bags of Instant flavored potatoes. (Butter Garlic/Loaded-whichever you prefer)
(1) Bag of shredded Italian cheese.
Durkee’s French Friend onions. (Optional)
Now here is where you can play. Just THOSE ingredients as a side-dish…or, add a meat and vegetable (like peas and ham, etc) and serve w/nice yeast rolls to have a complete meal.
Put large pot of salted water on to boil. In a large casserole pan empty the packet of instant potatoes and shredded cheese. In a microwave safe bowl soften the butter and cream cheese. Once water bowls, add the frozen potatoes to quick thaw only (about 2 min stirred) then drain.
Dump the potatoes and softened butter and cream cheese into the casserole pan with instant potatoes. Mix up. Add the 1/2 & 1/2 or Heavy whipping cream until the mixture is of runny gravy consistency. (Potatoes thicken in the oven)
Top casserole with Durkee’s around the edges and bake for about 30-40 min or until bubbly and golden on top.
Link to the 1st Blog Hop ‘Codi Gary’: http://www.codigarysbooks.com/blog.html